Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Funnel Cake



We recently had a long weekend and it gave me more time to try new recipes. Usually, we have hotcakes for weekend breakfast but I thought of making something different to serve my family.

  I got the recipe from A Taste From Home website.  I just added a tablespoon and a half of Vanilla in the mixture for extra flavor.

I find using a squeeze bottle easier and a lot less messier than funnel.  I just cut the tip to of the the nozzle to make it bigger and squeeze the mixture directly to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and drain excess oil on paper towel. 

Made a small one for our little Luna


Dust your funnel cake with powdered sugar and cinnamon or brown sugar / cinnamon mixture.  I like the latter because it has more texture and the brown sugar somehow melts on the hot funnel cake. 

Enjoying her Funnel Cake with orange juice

I always have a pre-mix of this in the pantry for a quick breakfast.  Just mix together all the dry ingredients and store it a jar or a zip bag.  It's preservative free plus it's cheaper than the ready made mixes!


Difficulty Level: 1  ( Three simple steps: MIX, SQUEEZE & FRY)


No comments:

Post a Comment