Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Elmo Themed Party

Our dearest daughter recently celebrated her 2nd birthday.  Since she's a big Elmo fan, it's understood that we'd have an Elmo themed party.

I noticed that Disney Princesses now dominate the party industry and Elmo is now out of the limelight.  There were very limited Elmo items so the next option for us is to DIY.  I searched Pinterest to get ideas and patterns to use for our party and I wasn't disappointed.

Birthday Bunting & Backdrop  -  I got the inspiration from this website. I used MS Word to make each letter and printed it on colored board paper. I added a yellow trim to brighten the banner, Elmo eyes and nose to some of the letters to keep up with the theme. Here's a photo where I got the idea of adding eyes and nose.   As for the backdrop, I just cut crepe papers and taped them on the wall.  

 
Photo Credit:  Jaqui Del Rosario




Difficulty Level:  1 ( It's very easy to cut shapes to make a bunting.)






 Invitations -  I got the idea from this photo.  I didn't have a big puncher to make the round cut-outs so I drew circles on colored boards and cut them individually.  Good thing I only had to make twenty-five of these babies otherwise I'd end up cutting circles for an entire week!




Difficulty Level: 1 (I don't have a circle puncher so it took me some time to cut all the pieces.  But overall, it's a very easy project to make.)




Name Tags -  I downloaded free Elmo graphics and used MS Word again (I know what you're thinking...I need to learn basic Photoshop!).  I just bought sticker paper from National Bookstore to print on.
Note:  I bought the matte  sticker paper and the name tags looked a little dull to me so I suggest buying the glossy kind  to make the colors brighter.

 
photo credit:  Jacqui del Rosario







Party Hats -  I found the pattern on First Palette and just printed the it.  It only has three special steps and so just like Special  Agent Oso, I print, cut and decorate! Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't push through with this project.  But I was able to make a sample and made our Luna wear it for photo op.

one happy customer





Difficulty Level:  2 ( I had a little bit of difficulty in following the line where you're suppose to fold the hat.  No matter how careful I was, I still ended up with a wrinkled hat.)







 Just send me a message and I'd be glad to send you the templates I used for the invites, name tags and thank you cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment